PDA

View Full Version : How Much Worse Is The Economy Going To Get?

Zap
13-08-2009, 08:25 AM
How much worse is the economy going to get?
Are we witnessing the global shift in power from the empire of the United States of America to China?
Is China going to become the dominant economic force of the 21st century?

This Is No Recession. It's A Planned Demolition. (http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=14751)

The executive board of the IMF does not share Wall Street’s rosy view of the future, which is why it issued a memo that stated:

“Directors observed that the crisis will have important implications for the role of the United States in the global economy. The U.S. consumer is unlikely to play the role of global “buyer of last resort”— other regions will need to play an increased role in supporting global growth.”

The United States will not be the emerge as the center of global demand following the recession. Those days are over. The world is changing and the US role is getting smaller. As US markets become less attractive to foreign exporters, the dollar will lose its position as the world’s reserve currency. As goes the dollar, so goes the empire. Want some advice: Learn Mandarin.

Because most of the bankers behind the demolition are from the US or other US friendly Western countries, are they not shooting themselves in the foot by devaluing their own wealth?

krisma5
13-08-2009, 10:18 AM
The Dollar is not worth much over here anymore.

Zap
13-08-2009, 10:35 AM
I think it's going to get much worse, I'm afraid.

krisma5
13-08-2009, 10:37 AM
I wouldn't doubt it. My parents were here for a while last year and they said that if the prices keep going up, that they wouldn't come over so often any more. Now they are back in the states and it is worse there than here.

Strong
13-08-2009, 11:22 AM
The French and German economies both grew by 0.3% between April and June, bringing to an end year-long recessions in Europe's largest economies.

Stronger exports and consumer spending, as well as government stimulus packages, contributed to the growth.

The data came as a surprise, with few analysts expecting Germany and France to start to recover so soon.

But economic activity in the eurozone fell by 0.1%, showing the region as a whole is still in recession.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8198766.stm

I think the UK is worst off because of the problems over mortgage lending, but with two of Europe's big economies growing it may help Britain.

Atom
06-09-2009, 05:37 PM
Who can think of a better idea than Capitalism?

:sqembarrassed:

ewomack
06-09-2009, 07:03 PM
Group sex?

Muddy
06-09-2009, 07:10 PM
lowercaseism?

Zap
07-09-2009, 08:10 AM
I don't think capitalism is the problem.
I think the problem is the greedy few who don't play by the rules.
If every one of them were charged instead of, effectively and sometimes literally, buying their way out of trouble, then the system should work as intended.

What's going on in the US right now is not capitalism. It's something else.

ewomack
07-09-2009, 10:51 AM
Agree... we've gone from a more mixed capitalistic model to a winner-take-all model which excludes the many to the benefit of the few. This trend started back in the 80s and seems to have blossomed in our time... lucky us...

Muddy
07-09-2009, 11:24 AM
Thanks Ron.

ewomack
07-09-2009, 03:59 PM
We do owe it to Ron. As one commentator (I think it was Mario Cuomo) put it, he made the denial of compassion socially acceptable...

Strong
07-09-2009, 04:18 PM
Over here we blame Thatcher. She and Ron seemed to do a Transatlantic tango. She started the whole YUPPIE thing that poisoned a whole generation. The financial crisis is the YUPPIE foul come to roost.

ewomack
07-09-2009, 04:20 PM
Those were good times on both sides of the pond, yessss...

krisma5
09-09-2009, 04:04 AM
Why do politicians who don't pay their own taxes get to spend mine??

ewomack
09-09-2009, 08:18 AM
Class society and division of power. We spend our lives distracted by platitudes and they rule the world. Nice formula. Works. We don't suffer much and we get to have some fun now and again.