PDA

View Full Version : Hi there

vectro
26-11-2009, 02:08 AM
Welcome to BTWIMHO.COM!
How did you hear about us?

My friend Sami4u told me about this place.

What are your interests?

Listening to a wide variety of music like Drum & Bass/Dubstep/Trip Hop/Ambient/Industrial/various forms of Electronica/Metal/Hybrid Rock. Creating electronic music on my computer. Fixing and building computers. Watching lots of movies. Cooking. Making beer. Commando Krav Maga.

How long have you been using the internet and forums?

On the Internet since I was 9 years old on an IBM clone running Dos with CompUServ on a 64 baud modem. Only been on forums for 2 years.

Thank you for taking part in this interview, vectro. We appreciate your time and effort and we look forward to getting to know you.
Enjoy the forums!

This place looks fun :)

Dudette
26-11-2009, 02:08 AM
Nice to meet you, vectro. Welcome to BTWIMHO Chat Forums! :)

fastreplies
26-11-2009, 02:16 AM
Hmmm, you must be 30 years old but... we won't hold that against you
:)

Welcome to BTWIMHO

fastreplies

vectro
26-11-2009, 03:08 AM
Hmmm, you must be 30 years old but... we won't hold that against you
:)

Welcome to BTWIMHO

Thanks. I'm about that age. I haven't left the Interwebs since I was 9, either :)

Zap
26-11-2009, 05:17 AM
64 bps modem!!!

You're a dinosaur!

Welcome to the nuthouse, Vectro. You'll like it here.

Strong
26-11-2009, 05:21 AM
Hi and welcome youngster, there are many here around your age so you'll fit right in. Your might need to squish up a bit but we like it nice and cosy in here :sqbiggrin:

tsdesigns
26-11-2009, 08:07 AM
Nice to see more people I know joining here :)

julien_simon
26-11-2009, 09:14 AM
Hey there vectro!

Are you part of Sami's army to take over this forum?? If so, sign here:_______________

Welcome to the nuthouse! The more the merrier so we are glad to have you here.

Atom
26-11-2009, 11:54 AM
Welcome, Vectro. I've not heard of many of those styles of music, I'll have to check them out.

Sami4u
26-11-2009, 12:13 PM
Hi vectro,

Thanks for joining. :)

Have fun with this wild bunch!! That what it all about.

Are you part of Sami's army to take over this forum?? If so, sign here:_______________

@ julien LOL No take over planed. I just like this place.

Sami

ewomack
27-11-2009, 08:53 AM
Vectro, welcome. Another freshie. Sami seems to have a whole stash of freshies that she releases in semi-regular intervals. I bet she's thinking of taking over the board and attaining certain freshie dominance. We'll see... we'll see...

Welcome!!! :3biggrin:

Ferre
27-11-2009, 09:10 AM
Welcome! :yo:

Cryren8972
27-11-2009, 09:12 AM
Welcome aboard! =)

vectro
27-11-2009, 11:22 PM
Welcome, Vectro. I've not heard of many of those styles of music, I'll have to check them out.

Here's one to get you started. It's a Dustep song. The bassline is absolutely ridiculous.

_3PAaTeRxYk

Sami4u
27-11-2009, 11:31 PM
Hi,

You can have a sig link. Why don't you direct them to the site with what I called theme music of a horror movie?

It is really good.

Just a suggestion. :)

Sami

Muddy
27-11-2009, 11:54 PM
Well hell, I tried to fix that video..don't know why it's not working. Post the actual link again if you don't mind Vectro.

Great to have you here by the way!

vectro
28-11-2009, 12:28 AM
You can have a sig link. Why don't you direct them to the site with what I called theme music of a horror movie?

It is really good.

Just a suggestion. :)

Sami

Good idea about the sig link.

I took that song and another off of the MySpace page to post 2 others since they have a limit of 10 songs. However, I did upload my entire album, which has 12 original songs absolutely free.

I'm really glad I have a fan :) The song you mentioned is called "Failure" and here is the direct link for it:

http://vectrorecords.com/files/Feed/WhatSideAreYouOn/08%20-%20Failure.mp3

The entire album called "What Side Are You On?" can be downloaded for free in high quality MP3s (zipped) here:

http://vectrorecords.com/files/Feed/WhatSideAreYouOn/Whatside.zip

Well hell, I tried to fix that video..don't know why it's not working. Post the actual link again if you don't mind Vectro.

Great to have you here by the way!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3PAaTeRxYk <-- There is the direct link. As I said, for those who like deep distorted bass, the bassline is ridiculous.

Muddy
28-11-2009, 12:35 AM
Thanks, now I see the prob...video fixed. Now I'll give 'em a listen!

Sami4u
28-11-2009, 12:38 AM
Hi,

The direct link for the song is not working for me. It only plays a few sec of the song. :(

Sami

vectro
28-11-2009, 12:41 AM
Hi,

The direct link for the song is not working for me. It only plays a few sec of the song. :(

Sami

What player are you using?

The song starts off slow and glitchy on purpose. You might have to just let it play. It works fine through FF for me.

Sami4u
28-11-2009, 12:46 AM
Hi

It is working fine now I have FF. But it didn't a sec a go. Must be my connection.

Sami

Leenkz_Mike
28-11-2009, 02:24 AM
Sup Vectro, how are you?

By the way, not a 100% sure, but im thinking the lowest baud rate ever was 300.

ewomack
28-11-2009, 09:13 AM
Oh, America Online MUST HAVE gone lower... if it didn't then they simply tried to simulate it...

Atom
28-11-2009, 09:23 AM
Here's one to get you started. It's a Dustep song. The bassline is absolutely ridiculous.

(...)Thanks, that was interesting. Is that Dustep or Dubstep?

vectro
28-11-2009, 01:26 PM
Sup Vectro, how are you?

By the way, not a 100% sure, but im thinking the lowest baud rate ever was 300.

Wassup man, good to see another familiar face here. The computer I first used to go on line had a modem that was painfully slow. Maybe I'm wrong on the modem speed, but I'm pretty sure Prodigy and CompuServ were the the first ISPs that weren't just BBS systems. In fact I think I might be mistaking the two. Whatever I dialed into had those fake pictures that were created by arranging the dots on the screen a certain way to resemble an image because Windows hadn't been invented yet. The computer was a 286 Tandy. Speaking of which, I wish my mother never threw that or my old Nintendos away when I was a kid. Those would have been some cool pieces of nostalgy to have hung onto.

Thanks, that was interesting. Is that Dustep or Dubstep?

Opps. Dubstep.

vectro
28-11-2009, 01:28 PM
Oh, America Online MUST HAVE gone lower... if it didn't then they simply tried to simulate it...

AOL was notorious for overselling in the 90's. For all I know they still do but I haven't used them in forever and tend to steer my customers away from them.

ewomack
28-11-2009, 01:48 PM
They are still in business!??!!?!? :sqeek:

EGAD!! THEY ARE!! http://www.aol.com/ :sqeek::sqeek:

tsdesigns
28-11-2009, 02:16 PM
Course AOL are still in business...they do a lot to do with phones and broadband now

ewomack
28-11-2009, 02:32 PM
I was hoping that hoards of angry consumers had driven them to the river with pitchforks and manure cannons by now...

vectro
28-11-2009, 02:36 PM
I was hoping that hoards of angry consumers had driven them to the river with pitchforks and manure cannons by now...

The opposite effect happened. Hoards of uninformed consumers bought stuff from them.

ewomack
28-11-2009, 11:05 PM
Then life is a meaningless void... ah well I may as well go wear panty hose...