PDA

View Full Version : Recent Dinner Party at the White House

Muddy
10-12-2009, 01:30 PM
http://www.btwimho.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=664&stc=1&d=1260473396

iowadawg
10-12-2009, 02:30 PM
Damn!
My invite must of got lost somewhere....
Guess I should not of pissed off that fedex guy for blowing past a stop sign.

Strong
11-12-2009, 04:34 AM
LOL! Someone went to a lot of trouble there. I wonder if he is going to put the Undeserving Nobel on a chain too! :sqwink:

pctec
11-12-2009, 05:23 AM
LOL! Someone went to a lot of trouble there. I wonder if he is going to put the Undeserving Nobel on a chain too! :sqwink:

Maybe I am wrong here but didn't Mother Teresa (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_Teresa) spend most of her life in the servitude of her fellow human before she got it?

Maybe she wasn't quite as esthetically pleasing as Mr. President...

Strong
11-12-2009, 05:37 AM
I have to say that the Nobel people have made a big mistake here.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for giving Obama a chance to change things, but he has only been in power for a year and has done little as yet. Hell, Guantanamo is still open and that was an election pledge. He has done squat in terms of world peace, hell even he admits to sending more Americans soldiers to get killed.

IMHO the Nobel committee have made themselves a laughing stock and given Obama's detractors ammunition to berate him with.

That said, is there anybody that should be given the peace prize to this year. I can't think of anyone.

pctec
11-12-2009, 05:41 AM
He was only in office for a couple of weeks when it was announced that he was the winner... If he had any balls at all, I think he should have declined it on the basis that he didn't do a damn thing yet...

But hey, I am sure Michelle would disagree with me...

Strong
11-12-2009, 05:51 AM
I actually think declining the award would have been the right thing to do, at least for his Presidency. But he should never have been put in that situation in the first place by the Nobel Committee.

But if rejected, would he be awarded it again? I doubt it.

Cryren8972
11-12-2009, 07:18 AM
That was definitely one of those, "Hunh?" moments for me.
It has to be a political set-up of some sort. I can't think of one other reason he would have gotten it.

Ferre
11-12-2009, 07:26 AM
The Nobel committee has officially introduced Orwellian speech; War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

Seriously, no matter how I look at it, this is the only conclusion I can make. :mmph:

Cryren8972
11-12-2009, 07:28 AM
I wouldn't even give him that much credit at this point...

Muddy
11-12-2009, 11:36 AM
Maybe he needed the cash to buy bling.

pctec
11-12-2009, 11:48 AM
He does appear kinda pimpy ;)

Atom
11-12-2009, 03:55 PM
There was something amiss about that Nobel appointment. That one's really got me puzzled.

Ferre
11-12-2009, 04:18 PM
There was something amiss about that Nobel appointment. That one's really got me puzzled.

Yeah, traditionally it was given to people who have done more than winning an election. In the old days people actually had to have done something for peace.

Apparently now it only takes an election and some rhetorical bullcrap. :confused:

fastreplies
11-12-2009, 07:27 PM
That said, is there anybody that should be given the peace prize to this year. I can't think of anyone.

I have an idea.
Why not give it to Yasser Arafat? After all he is successfully resting in peace now for 5 years

Yasser Arafat - Biography (http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/peace/laureates/1994/arafat-bio.html)

:sqrolleyes:

fastreplies

Strong
12-12-2009, 08:58 AM
Well I guess, it could be argued he contributed more to the peace process when dead, then he ever did when alive. I guess :sqlaugh:

fastreplies
12-12-2009, 11:02 AM
Well I guess, it could be argued he contributed more to the peace process when dead, then he ever did when alive. I guess :sqlaugh:

Ok then, what are we waiting for?
Get your shovel and lets dig him out

:sqlaugh:

fastreplies

Strong
13-12-2009, 08:34 AM
I prefer to let the dead rest in peace. :sqbiggrin: