PDA

View Full Version : User CP

Sami4u
14-12-2009, 12:36 AM
Hi,

This is probably nothing.

But I keep see my own post back in the user cp.

Is this a site error that you should know about or dose it happen to other?

Sami

Muddy
14-12-2009, 12:38 AM
You mean you can't see you posts? That's normal. It just shows you the threads that have had activity since you last visited it. :)

Sami4u
14-12-2009, 12:46 AM
Hi,

Relook it is showing me threads that I just got done posting in.

As if somebody added a new post.

Not normal for other forums.

Sami

Muddy
14-12-2009, 12:50 AM
Oh, I see...yeah that's happened to me...just a glitch I think. All our passwords are probably being sent to Macedonia.

Sami4u
14-12-2009, 12:59 AM
All our passwords are probably being sent to Macedonia.

Hi,

Don't say things like that even joking. You have NO idea how paranoid I am about that type of stuff.

I have the longest password I can get.

My password here is 20 characters of jibberish.

I have one 45 characters. I have been hack to many times for the short time I have been online.

Sami

Strong
14-12-2009, 08:20 AM
Yeah it happens to me every now and again, not very often. Nothing to worry about I think.

Big Dan
14-12-2009, 11:54 AM
Sounds like the thread marking type. You'll often see that happen with vB, if left at the default 'cookie based' thread marking setting. I always set mine to Automatic Database marking which takes care of that little error. :)

Muddy
14-12-2009, 12:13 PM
Sounds like the thread marking type. You'll often see that happen with vB, if left at the default 'cookie based' thread marking setting. I always set mine to Automatic Database marking which takes care of that little error. :)

Thanks Dan...I can't seem to find that setting though.

Zap
14-12-2009, 12:18 PM
It's set for database marking already.

Muddy
14-12-2009, 12:20 PM
Well in that case...run for your life Sami!

Big Dan
14-12-2009, 12:42 PM
That's strange. I figured you were set for database marking already because I never see threads I've already read in new posts search.

Sami try hard refreshing (Ctrl +F5) the UCP perhaps your see cached data though I doubt it.

Sami4u
14-12-2009, 01:47 PM
Hi,

Well in that case...run for your life Sami!

Where do you want me to run to?

Don't answer that.

LOL

That's strange. I figured you were set for database marking already because I never see threads I've already read in new posts search.

Sami try hard refreshing (Ctrl +F5) the UCP perhaps your see cached data though I doubt it.

I didn't see anything the page refreshed.

I run CCleaner, Defrag, Spybot - Search & Destroy, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, and Avira AntiVir Control Center every night also.

Last night when I posted the picture it showed just 3 some night it has been up to 10 but not all the thread just some.

Sami

fastreplies
14-12-2009, 05:40 PM
I have one 45 characters.

45 characters is not a password.....
Girl, Da Vinci Code is 2 characters shorter for God sake

:sqlaugh:

fastreplies

vectro
14-12-2009, 10:22 PM
Click the 'Last Page' link for each thread from the User CP. That should make it go away.

Muddy
14-12-2009, 10:24 PM
Where do you want me to run to?

Don't answer that.

LOL

Anywhere except away from here!

Sami4u
15-12-2009, 01:22 AM
Hi,

45 characters is not a password.....
Girl, Da Vinci Code is 2 characters shorter for God sake

Yes and Tom Hanks fingered that out :sqwink:

Click the 'Last Page' link for each thread from the User CP. That should make it go away.

Yes it also works when I get logged out because of my slow typing.

Anywhere except away from here!

Ahhh :sqembarrassed:

Sami

ewomack
15-12-2009, 06:42 PM
The Sami code... I think I'll start writing... it will be full of intrigue, duct tape, hours locked in closets and really really really really long passwords...