PDA

View Full Version : State of the union.

Muddy
12-01-2010, 01:58 AM
State of the union? This (http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2010/01/08/president-won%E2%80%99t-interrupt-lost-premiere/) is the state of the union.

Rankenstein
12-01-2010, 02:49 AM
Crikey! I suppose it makes sense but OTOH it's also a bit surreal. Thought it was a joke at first.

Damo
12-01-2010, 04:25 AM
Hollywood has more money than the Government these days??? they don't blow the budget on wars?? they blow the budget on movie star's plastic surgery to give us artificial extravagant and unrestrained fantasies?

Zap
12-01-2010, 06:57 AM
From the comments there...

Thank you President Obama !!! I supported the right man !!!

Glad to see we've got our priorities straight. I'm sure both will be interesting works of fiction.

He may be bailing out mega-banks, passing on huge debts to future generations, and destroying hopes for real healthcare reform; but at least he's not doing anything stupid, like interrupting a television show.

Better actors on Lost.

LOST is still on? Most of us figured out that the castaways are all dead and living an afterlife by the second episode. Go ahead and pre-empt it

I think it should be during the Super Bowl. Think about it: a guarantee that the majority of the country will actually watch. And, as a cliff-hanger, he could withhold the anticipated length so people would HAVE to stay tuned! Brilliant! Give me a cabinet position, please!

Lost is still on? I saw Obama's face on TV so much lately I thought he took over the timeslot.

Yeah, people saying we live in a sad world obviously haven't seen LOST

You're all missing the point. It's not about a TV show or America's mixed up priorities. This is a President who goes out of his way to try to make everyone like him, always has, always will. If giving the State of the Union at Halftime of the Super Bowl while wearing a cheerleader outfit could get his approval rating up, you know he'd be getting fitted for a skirt right now.

"Lost" would be a great title for his address.