PDA

View Full Version : No Unread Posts

julien_simon
28-08-2009, 03:40 PM
the "No Unread Posts" lists the number of new posts in the "private area" of the forum. So sometimes it looks like there are 3/4 unread posts but I can't actually access them so I go and mark the private part of the site as read manually.

I believe I'm not the only one here with OCD. I know it's not a big deal - just giving feedback.

That's what this sub-forum is for right? :sqrofl::sqwink:

ewomack
28-08-2009, 04:29 PM
I've noticed some strange behavior in the "unread posts" number - I swear it dropped from 40 to about 5 in 3 seconds today.

Or it's just the cough syrup...

Zap
28-08-2009, 04:34 PM
Thanks Julien,

Not much can be done about that, I'm afraid.
It happens because you actually do have access to that forum, just not all the posts within it.

Zap
28-08-2009, 04:36 PM
I've noticed some strange behavior in the "unread posts" number - I swear it dropped from 40 to about 5 in 3 seconds today.

Or it's just the cough syrup...

If you're catching up on a single thread that has 30 new posts in it, it will do that.

There's also a difference between "unread" posts and "new" posts.
You may have noticed that if you come to the forum and it says "30 new posts" and you leave before reading them. When you return, you may see 5 new posts but below the list of "new" posts will be posts that are "unread".

julien_simon
28-08-2009, 04:57 PM
Thanks Julien,

Not much can be done about that, I'm afraid.
It happens because you actually do have access to that forum, just not all the posts within it.

I see...thanks for the info

If you're catching up on a single thread that has 30 new posts in it, it will do that.

There's also a difference between "unread" posts and "new" posts.
You may have noticed that if you come to the forum and it says "30 new posts" and you leave before reading them. When you return, you may see 5 new posts but below the list of "new" posts will be posts that are "unread".

Yeah I've noticed. it's pretty handy!

julien_simon
28-08-2009, 04:58 PM
also, when I write a post, it sometimes counts it as a new post, and as soon as I post it, it shows 0 unread.

Ferre
28-08-2009, 05:00 PM
Ah, so there's a private subforum that everyone knows about,...but me? :sqfrown:

Strong
28-08-2009, 05:06 PM
:sqlaugh:

It is called the 'Private Messages to Staff' forum. If you start a thread in there only you and the staff get to see what is in it. Thus you can discuss a private matter with the staff, namely Zap, Muddy and Me.

julien_simon
28-08-2009, 05:07 PM

It is called the 'Private Messages to Staff' forum. If you start a thread in there only you and the staff get to see what is in it. Thus you can discuss a private matter with the staff, namely Zap, Muddy and Me.

that's the official version...for the media.

We all know the truth! :sqerr:

Ferre
28-08-2009, 05:09 PM

Who would want to do that? :sqlaugh:

Strong
28-08-2009, 05:13 PM
That's a good question! :sqlaugh:

Julien: you been watching the X-files again. Scully is still hot!

Muddy
28-08-2009, 05:58 PM
Scully is still hot!

Hear! Hear!

^ By the way, that's how it's spelled Zap! LOL!

Zap
28-08-2009, 06:38 PM
Hear! Hear!

^ By the way, that's how it's spelled Zap! LOL!

I used to work for HMV. Boy! Those were fun days.
The job paid shit but in the 8 years I worked for them, I saw every single concert I ever wanted to see and tons more that I wasn't really jonesing to see... all for free.
Met a ton of musicians, too. Everyone from Queensryche to Trent Reznor to Alanis Morisette to Oscar Peterson.
Anyway, for a while, their slogan used to be Hear Here! Since those days, I have trouble getting that right.

ewomack
29-08-2009, 08:59 AM
Like "Time wounds all heels." I always mess that one up.

Why is it that the cool jobs always pay crappo? I used to work in television and I barely made enough to afford a bagel a day. It was great, apart from the starvation.

krisma5
29-08-2009, 09:22 AM
They do that on purpose, don't you know that you always look 10 pounds heavier on tv?!

ewomack
29-08-2009, 01:24 PM
Now it all makes sense... the more I appeared on camera the less I made... wow...