PDA

View Full Version : Free speech in Sweden

Halo
20-05-2010, 09:46 AM
Today has been labelled by some as Everybody Draw Mohammed Da (http://www.facebook.com/photo_search.php?oid=121369914543425&view=all#!/pages/Everybody-Draw-Mohammed-Day/121369914543425)y on facebook, and a user posted a link to a showing of Lars Vilks (that infamous cartoonist) showing a film he make in a university in Sweden. Some members of the audience didn't like the film. Should we have freedom of speech, should we have freedom to headbutt, should religion be above criticism?

s2IHnWY-i6Y
RmvEmn2vNkA
eeIgpZdM4As
I like how Vilks casually says that you get used to it just after getting another death threat.

Zap
20-05-2010, 10:04 AM
Religious extremism is contrary to freedom of anything.
Depictions of Muhammad are forbidden. Should we tolerate that line of thought?
What do we do when the written word becomes forbidden? Tolerate that?
When free speech of any kind is forbidden? Tolerate that?

I think NOT.
Every single one of those thugs who charged the stage should have been arrested, removed and charged with inciting a riot and attempted assault.

Ferre
20-05-2010, 10:39 AM
That's just one more reason to fuck religion and chase it out of town covered with tar and feathers.

Except for my own religion, of course. :sqrolleyes:

Muddy
20-05-2010, 12:27 PM
That's just one more reason to fuck religion and chase it out of town covered with tar and feathers.

Except for my own religion, of course. :sqrolleyes:

You guys would just smoke the tar and do kinky things with the feathers.

Muddy
20-05-2010, 12:29 PM
Religious extremism is contrary to freedom of anything.
Depictions of Muhammad are forbidden. Should we tolerate that line of thought?
What do we do when the written word becomes forbidden? Tolerate that?
When free speech of any kind is forbidden? Tolerate that?

I think NOT.
Every single one of those thugs who charged the stage should have been arrested, removed and charged with inciting a riot and attempted assault.

That redhead with the camera should come join BTW though.

Halo
20-05-2010, 03:14 PM
You guys would just smoke the tar and do kinky things with the feathers.
Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken :3tongue:

I'd happily convert to a religion...as long as they could offer proof. Not sure about the leap of faith thing.
NpmUMyaKnVs

Zap
20-05-2010, 03:17 PM
That redhead with the camera should come join BTW though.

Indeed.

I can't wait until the other chick in the rainbow sweater is told by her superiors that her education is no longer necessary.
Let her defend that bullshit then.

Strong
21-05-2010, 04:37 AM
Freedom in action, Vilks had a right to draw what he wanted, and the protesters had a right to protest, that is what living in a free democracy is about. But the violence and death threats, well that is just counter productive. Vilks was his own worst enemy, and the protesters just put him on a pedestal and gave him the glare of publicity to peddle his views.

A shortage of brains all around:
Blln0oEdAnY

They all need to consult a wizard.