View Full Version : Same ship?

Ferre
14-06-2010, 01:16 PM
You decide.

4InOzs1C-9g

Ferre
15-06-2010, 02:40 AM
Typical how no one reacts to this post.

Wassuup? Afraid of being called an anti semite eh??

I don't know what I detest more, Israel's disdain for human rights or the cowards in this world who do not dare to criticize their lies, war crimes and propaganda.

:sqconfused:

Atom
15-06-2010, 02:51 AM
I tried 3 times to get through the download but my connection speed is way down right now, I was just checking out that YouTube speed test and find that both my ISP and my geographical area are very slow. I did manage to watch about the first half of it though, and must admit that I came away a bit confused.

Big Dan
15-06-2010, 03:00 AM

I don't know what I detest more, Israel's disdain for human rights or the cowards in this world who do not dare to criticize their lies, war crimes and propaganda.

Yessh I miss one thread and get called an anti-Semite and coward in the same post. :3tongue: I didnt' comment only because politics and religion are volatile mix for discussion.

My option is that ANY military that storms/takes action on a humanitarian aid ship/flight/movement, etc should face stiff penalties from whatever alphabet organization handles stuff like this.

Stopping food or medical supplies to ANYONE who needs it is just plain inhumane no matter how deep the enemy line is drawn.

Zap
15-06-2010, 07:24 AM
I was busy last night, but did have enough time, at least, to repost it over at V7.
I watched the video, but am undecided and a little confused about what I saw.
I don't worry about being called an anti-semite because I know I'm not.

I think this whole situation is six of one, half a dozen of the other.
Both sides in this conflict have done some pretty nasty things.
For there to be peace, the bullshit has to stop, from both sides.

Ferre
15-06-2010, 08:54 AM
Both sides in this conflict have done some pretty nasty things.

Can you name the "pretty nasty things" the peace activists have done Zap?

I know it is fashion to drag hamas into every discussion of the attack on that human aid convoy, this distracts pretty good from the crime of attacking a ship in international waters and killing peace activists but c'mon, let's not do that here, I like to think we have more brains than that.

Have you seen those over-laying pictures Zap? The ship from the video the Israeli government supplied is not the Mavi Marmara, furthermore there are indications that it is indeed is a video of a training session on board of another ship.

Remember that Israel, the past weeks, has also been caught red-handed editing audio tapes and had to retract their statements that; "al quaida members where on board".

So far all the Israeli government has released on the attack on the Mavi Marmara, whether it were pictures of weapons, statements or audio or video, all of it has been proven to be false and lies.

What does that tell you?

Zap
15-06-2010, 09:20 AM
Can you name the "pretty nasty things" the peace activists have done Zap?
I was referring to the entire Isreali - Palestine conflict.
There are good intentioned people on both sides who only desire peace.
There are also bad intentioned people on both sides who keep derailing peace.
Everyone's job seems to be to keep their eyes on the peace prize and not allow these bad intentioned people to succeed.

Have you seen those over-laying pictures Zap? The ship from the video the Israeli government supplied is not the Mavi Marmara, furthermore there are indications that it is indeed is a video of a training session on board of another ship.
I did see that. But I haven't had a chance to cross reference that video with other videos released by both sides. I don't think I have enough information yet to comment.

Remember that Israel, the past weeks, has also been caught red-handed editing audio tapes and had to retract their statements that; "al quaida members where on board".

So far all the Israeli government has released on the attack on the Mavi Marmara, whether it were pictures of weapons, statements or audio or video, all of it has been proven to be false and lies.

What does that tell you?
It tells me that both sides understand very well that this is not just a war between two peoples. It's a war for favourable public opinion from the rest of us. Both sides are fighting very hard to get the rest of us on their side.
Personally, I don't yet have enough information on this latest incident to choose a side, but I am growing very weary of the whole war.

Ferre
15-06-2010, 10:34 AM
I hear you. I did take side though, I took the side of human rights already many years ago, and I frankly do not care who is at the long or the short side of a stick. In the case of the Palestinian/Israel conflict anyone who has some historical and factual knowledge of the situation there can see that the Palestinian people have been treated worse than dogs since 1931 - when Irgun started their terrorist attacks on those people.

The truth and history is indeed biased against Israel bro, anyone who denies that has either no clue about the historical facts or is simply hard headed.

Me, for one, do not close my eyes any more for all the lies and violations of human rights and international law which Israel blatantly displays, I'm not at all "for" Palestine but I certainly am against a rogue Arab state (yes, Israel is just another Arab state like all the others around them) with nuclear weapons and an open disdain for all the rest of the world.

Israel claims to be the only "democracy" in the Middle East, well, I don't notice any of this, all I see is the only nation that openly defies the UN on a daily basis and kills more people in that area for the past decades than all other Arab nations combined.

Zap
15-06-2010, 10:42 AM
FWIW, Dude, I think you and I are on the same side in this.
I just haven't had enough time to properly check facts for myself to pick a side in this latest incident.
I know both sides are hard at work, painting the picture the way they want it and not concerned much with the truth.

There's just too much bullshit in this incident to cut through easily.
It could have been handled a lot better by both sides if cooperation were the goal, but unfortunately, it wasn't.

And I know what you mean about Israel, too. They don't get a blank cheque from me, either.

Muddy
15-06-2010, 10:49 AM

I hate Jews. Now what's this thread about?

Ferre
16-06-2010, 07:16 AM
How the U.S. Corporate Media Got the Israel Flotilla Catastrophe So Wrong | World | AlterNet (http://www.alternet.org/world/147197/how_the_u.s._corporate_media_got_the_israel_flotil la_catastrophe_so_wrong/?page=entire)

The next time there is news about Israel killing activists, massacring children, bombing a refugee camp or perhaps obliterating an entire country, there is no need to pay attention to the facts. All you need to know is Israel, the eternal victim that says it will never feel secure, is just responding to some terrorist. And once the last ruthless animal is exterminated, there will be “peace.”