PDA

View Full Version : US Hyperinflation Gold Meltup

Halo
21-06-2010, 04:41 PM
Got this from Inflation.us
eb1n1X0Oqdw

Will there be a currency crisis in the US?
Have you invested in precious metals?
Have you ever held a block of gold in your hand?

What are your thoughts.

Atom
21-06-2010, 05:01 PM
Yes.
No.
No.

My thoughts are many.

Atom
21-06-2010, 05:17 PM
Firstly; gold is quite heavy. I have every confidence in the world that someone will soon find a way to render it to cast iron, which is substantially lighter, with a few sessions in the bombardment chamber.

Atom
21-06-2010, 05:46 PM
Secondly; If there ever was a classic example of sow's ear out of a silk purse, don't be fooled, this isn't it.

Atom
21-06-2010, 06:05 PM
I've decided to hold any further thoughts on the subject, I don't want to end up with yet another person's topic filled with sweet nothings. lol

Ferre
29-06-2010, 04:49 AM
My personal tip to you all; Buy silver, check out the silver price for the last few decades and you'll see why.

Atom
29-06-2010, 11:13 AM
I've made some damned good money in the past from buying and selling silver, always in the form of antiques though, antique silver is much more profitable if you know what you're doing and 100 times the fun.

Halo
29-01-2011, 01:49 PM
My personal tip to you all; Buy silver, check out the silver price for the last few decades and you'll see why.

How does one go about that?

Who is best to buy from, which stock company, physical or numbers on a screen, how much, when, when to sell, what to buy then (food probably), any help appreciated, and any other questions anyone else would like to chip in here?

Strong
30-01-2011, 05:29 AM
Coming from a family of jewellers, gold and silver where the thing to put your money in. Of course my dad had contacts in the business. I was way too young to know the ins and outs of the business though, so I'm no help.

Ironically I don't wear jewellery of any kind, having seen them made, the mystic is just not there. That and living in the burbs of London, where it is just not safe to walk around with jewellery.

ewomack
30-01-2011, 12:04 PM
In the end, the best thing to do is diversify. Buy some precious metals, buy some stocks and keep some in savings. No one knows what will happen. The goldies have argued for quite some time that collapse is immanent so buy now. Who knows? Gold and silver do seem to keep their value, or at least some value, so they are not pointless investments. But to put everything you own in gold would be as shortsighted as putting everything in the stock market.

Strong
01-02-2011, 12:19 PM
But not cheese, unless you own a rat catching business.

Halo
01-02-2011, 05:46 PM
Even coppers are worth more than their face value. Poor man's way to investing, and you can't really
Double your money:
dSGLdOTgmLs
Although the vid was from over a month back. Price of copper may have dipped. On the upside you can't really lose, and no thief is likely to run away with your copper stash unless they have huge muscles.
_Rko0gqXFlo

Here's a pile of melting pennies:
GcL7s9aX494

...and here's how to melt a chocolate bunny:
7h767n_gaCc
:3tongue:

Cryren8972
01-02-2011, 06:06 PM
That chocolate bunny video was almost spooky....especially with the music.