PDA

View Full Version : Lookie here!

Ferre
19-08-2010, 07:26 AM
Iris Scanners Create the Most Secure City in the World. Welcome, Big Brother | Fast Company (http://www.fastcompany.com/1683302/iris-scanners-create-the-most-secure-city-in-the-world-welcomes-big-brother)

Creepy, anyone? :sqerr:

Strong
19-08-2010, 10:15 AM
I don't think his crazy dream will come true.

Firstly I don't think the technology is fool proof, does it work against false contact lens for instance? What happens if someone is blind (no retina to scan)? What about glasses, sun glasses, mirrored sun glasses, they gonna be banned in his secure city?

Secondly I don't see using retina scans itself as the problem, after all, if it is used for my personal security then I don't have a problem with that, I don't want anybody accessing my bank account or entering my house, but for the information to be stored centrally and my movements and actions to be constantly recorded, no I'm not up for that. I wouldn't be signing up for their system if that was the case.

What is scary is that he thinks he will get away with it, I think the whole issue with security of your personal information will become very much more important over the next few years as more and more people cotton on to what is going on with 'social' site on the net such as Facebook.

Atom
19-08-2010, 03:15 PM
Creepy indeed. Phase1 within the next 10 years, wow. I didn't see the movie. I'm currently trying to equate this to the infamous mark of the beast.. I'm having a little trouble.

If I were a bit younger or had kids I'd be more concerned. If I'm still alive in the second phase I personally would have no problem opting in, but that is not to say I condone it, I'm actually not sure what to think atm.

Atom
19-08-2010, 04:13 PM
I realize that the phases apply to Leon Mexico but I'm applying them to a scenario where the plan has spread to my country and a city near me.

Atom
19-08-2010, 04:30 PM
BTW, and totally off topic, but..

I noticed that precogs were mentioned, which alerted me to look up the word precognition, which then provided an explanation for what I believe that I have attained in the last couple of years or so to some degree. It's very strange, I've tried to describe what happens a couple of times before but I had no idea what it was called if anything and received no responses to the posts that I recall. Now, I'm sure it's some degree of precognition, and I may attempt to describe it further when I feel my mind is a little better gathered.

Strong
20-08-2010, 05:12 AM
Sounds interesting, gather away.

Ferre
20-08-2010, 10:26 AM
DGCd0KPJcMs

Strong
20-08-2010, 11:56 AM
Do xrays travel through metal? :sqconfused:

Ferre
20-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Do xrays travel through metal? :sqconfused:

When you boost them up enough, yep. But that not the only technology to scan nowadays. Not that other ways are less damaging to health though.

Strong
21-08-2010, 05:28 AM
It would seem people being exposed to x-rays without their knowledge would be a health issue and could result in litigation

Ferre
21-08-2010, 05:46 AM
Twenty years ago that would be the case, but today not any more. I don't know if you noticed but governments all over the world have declared themselves unaccountable in regards to "national security".

Look out your window, see that camera hanging there? Twenty years ago this too was against civil rights and resulted in litigation. Or try and refuse a body scan at an airport.

just sayin' :sqwink:

Strong
21-08-2010, 10:50 AM
Indeed :sqfrown:

Muddy
21-08-2010, 10:55 AM
What camera?

Strong
21-08-2010, 11:16 AM
That one there ....

Wait a minute! I see what you did you cheeky American dude you. :sqbiggrin: