PDA

View Full Version : Unlimited Degrees Of Separation

Zap
06-08-2009, 10:18 AM
How To Play:
You all know the game "Six Degrees Of Kevin Bacon"???

If not, you basically think of any famous person's name and then think of someone "connected" to that person. Then you think of someone "connected" to person # 2 and so on until you reach Kevin Bacon and it all has to be done in six steps (connections) or less.
A connection could mean that it's a person they were married to or someone they did a film with or someone they are otherwise related to.

Rules:
This thread is similar, but you don't have to bring it back to Kevin Bacon. We just keep posting names of someone that is somehow connected to the person in the last post and mention how they are connected.

Example:
I start with John Travolta.
Someone else posts that John Travolta was in the movie "Face Off" with Nicholas Cage.
Someone else posts that Nicholas Cage was married to Lisa Marie Presley

...and so on...

So, I'll start it off with Joe Pesci.

Strong
06-08-2009, 12:11 PM
Joe Pesci was in My Cousin Vinny with the lovely Marisa Tomei.

fastreplies
06-08-2009, 12:50 PM
Marisa Tomei was in The Wrestler starring Mickey Rourke

:)

fastreplies

krisma5
10-08-2009, 04:18 AM
Mickey Rourke played in "Sin City" with Bruce Willis.

Muddy
10-08-2009, 12:34 PM
Bruce Willis knows what Demi Moore looks like naked. Oh wait...so does everybody else.

fastreplies
10-08-2009, 02:10 PM
Bruce Willis knows what Demi Moore looks like naked. Oh wait...so does everybody else.

Including her husband Ashton Kutcher

;)

fastreplies

Zap
10-08-2009, 05:27 PM
Ashton Kutcher was in That 70's Show with Wilmer Valderama

fastreplies
10-08-2009, 10:48 PM
You mean Wilmer Valderrama the one who starred opposite Anjelica Huston

fastreplies

Trapper
12-08-2009, 12:00 PM
AH had an on-again-off-again relationship with Jack Nicholson

fastreplies
12-08-2009, 01:00 PM
Who made his début in Easy Rider starring Peter Fonda

fastreplies

krisma5
13-08-2009, 03:05 AM
Who is related to Jane Fonda

Strong
14-08-2009, 05:51 AM
Katharine Hepburn played Jane Fonda's mother in On Golden Pond in 1981 and her father was played by her real life father in the same movie.

ewomack
14-08-2009, 08:38 AM
Katherine Hepburn played opposite Humphrey Bogart in "The African Queen."

krisma5
15-08-2009, 02:56 AM
played with Audrey Hepburn in "Sabrina"

Trapper
15-08-2009, 09:20 AM
Breakfast at Tiffany's with George Peppard

Strong
15-08-2009, 10:08 AM
George Peppard, The A-Team, Mr T

Have I dragged this thread too low?:sqfrown:

Trapper
15-08-2009, 10:57 AM
Mr T was in Rocky 3 with Sly Stallone

Muddy
15-08-2009, 10:59 AM
Billy Squire

Muddy
15-08-2009, 11:00 AM
On TWO levels I just realized!

Trapper
15-08-2009, 12:30 PM
Huh? How?

Muddy
15-08-2009, 12:46 PM
1. It was erroneously rumored that Sly had a stroke when young (thus his drooping eye and lip). Billy sang this (http://www.btwimho.com/showpost.php?p=1746&postcount=9).

2. That song was about a boxer and...well, do I have to finish?

Strong
15-08-2009, 12:53 PM
Trapper I think you should give him several thousand negative points for that tenuous link :clownlaugh:

Trapper
15-08-2009, 01:05 PM
If we're playing that way.

I'll go Billy Squire and The Stroke ----> PeeWee Herman.

Muddy
15-08-2009, 02:00 PM
Excellent one Trapper!

PeeWee Herman -> Robert Service

Trapper
15-08-2009, 02:40 PM
I got nothin'.

Muddy
15-08-2009, 02:42 PM
Nothing to relate to Robert Service? Yeah ya do! Come on!

Strong
14-09-2009, 12:31 PM
Muddy killed the game! Come on dude, what was the link?

Muddy
14-09-2009, 01:42 PM
A verse in Robert Service's poem The Cremation of Sam McGee goes thus:

There are strange things done in the midnight sun
By the men who moil for gold;
The Arctic trails have their secret tales
That would make your blood run cold;
The Northern Lights have seen queer sights,
But the queerest they ever did see
Was that night on the marge of Lake Lebarge
I cremated Sam McGee.

There was a character in PeeWee Herman's Big Adventure named Large Marge.

RryZV8NK9-Q

ewomack
14-09-2009, 09:18 PM
Good lord! We are but mere mortals!!!!!

Muddy
14-09-2009, 10:41 PM
Not you Ed...not you.

julien_simon
15-09-2009, 03:33 AM
sometime I think I live on a different planet. I don't know most of the people you guys seem to take as "classic".

It's probably the fact that I grew up in France and didn't speak much english before 4/5 years ago.
Also the age difference might be a factor.

But analyzing most of you guys posts, I came to the conclusion that you are all aliens.

Strong
15-09-2009, 06:09 AM
OK, who let the human in here?

ewomack
15-09-2009, 09:25 PM
Ok ok... I eat brains... you got me... and I love 'em... I prefer to eat brains when the person is thinking of something delicious... like ham souffle... but I'm not always so lucky... once I ate the brain of a man who was thinking of dumpster juice... whoa did I not sleep that night... an alien must be careful!!

Muddy
15-09-2009, 10:20 PM
Ah got brains, ah got big ol' brains. Ah got dinosaur brains.

ewomack
16-09-2009, 12:06 AM
Hruph... jeg biddly wanga.., phooof bgrdsssrattt, den...

Zap
16-09-2009, 08:04 AM
sometime I think I live on a different planet. I don't know most of the people you guys seem to take as "classic".

It's probably the fact that I grew up in France and didn't speak much english before 4/5 years ago.
Also the age difference might be a factor.

But analyzing most of you guys posts, I came to the conclusion that you are all aliens.

Same story with my wife.
So many classic songs she's never even heard.

I introduced her to Led Zeppelin 8 years ago! :sqeek:
Same thing with a lot of other bands.

When Revenge of the Sith came out in theatres, I discovered that she hadn't seen ANY of the Star Wars movies. Didn't even know what it was. :sqeek:
(We have become immune to how pervasive simple knowledge of these things are. For example, I started to notice all kinds of Star Wars references in other things. You might hear "I'm your father" in a commercial or something. And I realized there's a whole subset of our culture that she's missing out on.)
So, my dilemna...
Do I start showing her the Star Wars movies at Episode I, II, III, IV, V, VI ???
Or do I start her off the way we all started off, with IV ???
Daunting task, too, getting a woman interested in Star Wars, who's not normally interested in Sci-Fi movies. She watches them with me, but could care less about the Sci-Fi aspect. If it's a really good movie, on the whole, she'll certainly enjoy it but doesn't gravitate to them.
She agreed to watch the first one and see if she wanted to continue.
I thought it would be best if she started with the same one we all started with.
We watched IV. She wasn't overly impressed, but open to seeing V.
We watched V and then she wanted to see VI, to see how the story turned out.
After watching VI, she was growing more intrigued with the characters and the plot and so she wanted to see I.
We watched I. Not the greatest of the series, but she still wanted to continue, to see if II would be better and by this time, she really wanted to see how that cute kid became so evil.
By the time we had finished watching II, she was absolutely dying to see III.

The whole experience was really cool for me. It's almost like reliving the "magic of the first time" because I get to witness the "first time" through my wife's eyes. And this is a regular occurrence with us because I am continually introducing her to "new" movies and music as we go through life together.

At least once a month, I'll catch myself saying "You've never seen .... ?!?!?" :sqeek:

Muddy
16-09-2009, 10:26 AM
She's certainly heard of these guys though right?

Y6j_0NGWT9Y

Atom
16-09-2009, 11:05 AM
I don't care for most science fiction, especially modern sci-fi. I hate Star Wars and I am not very fond of most forum games. I sometimes would like to know what the hell is wrong with me. Not very often though.

Atom
16-09-2009, 11:13 AM
My eyeglasses broke today. Now I am blind and dentureless. I'll try not to complain too much though, as I did happen to catch a TV documentary on Tanzania last night.

Muddy
16-09-2009, 11:14 AM
You like Star Trek though.

Atom
16-09-2009, 11:28 AM
You like Star Trek though.Yes, but only the original ST and not particularly for the sci-fi aspect but more the moral aspects, I found the morals of the stories interesting.

Muddy
16-09-2009, 11:31 AM
Yeah, and whatshername with the beehive hairdo!

Zap
16-09-2009, 11:48 AM
Yes, but only the original ST and not particularly for the sci-fi aspect but more the moral aspects, I found the morals of the stories interesting.

Couldn't agree more.
I love the Sci-Fi stuff, but the morality of the Star Trek franchise and the hope for a great future are a big draw too!

Atom
16-09-2009, 11:59 AM
Yeah, and whatshername with the beehive hairdo!ST is post beehive do's. There should probably be a unique word invented for the ST do's.

Atom
16-09-2009, 12:05 PM
Couldn't agree more.
I love the Sci-Fi stuff, but the morality of the Star Trek franchise and the hope for a great future are a big draw too!I've always found science to be much more interesting than science fiction. That's probably a bit backward for the average kid, but in my olderly age I am coming to realize that I was no average kid.

Did I mention that mom was a virgin?

Atom
16-09-2009, 12:15 PM
Well she was.
I have Polaroids to prove it.

Strong
16-09-2009, 12:28 PM
She's certainly heard of these guys though right?

Y6j_0NGWT9Y

That music is the theme tune to a program called Chuck about spies, a comedy. It's OK.

Muddy
16-09-2009, 12:31 PM
I only knew about the band...hadn't heard about the show...interesting.

Strong
16-09-2009, 12:37 PM
I've always found science to be much more interesting than science fiction. That's probably a bit backward for the average kid, but in my olderly age I am coming to realize that I was no average kid.

Did I mention that mom was a virgin?

You ever seen that picture of a snake eating it's own tail. That is the kind of relationship that exists between science and SF. They live off each other. There have been many modern developments which have their origins in the world of SF. In fact many of the scientists point to the SF stories that inspired their ideas. And of course the SF writers are inspired in part by new research and developments.

Many people think SF is about the science, but for many of the great SF writers that was only part of the story. They set their stories in different worlds to explore the human condition and how people would react and interact. It was ultimately about people, morals and issues, many of which concern us today.

Strong
16-09-2009, 12:38 PM
I only knew about the band...hadn't heard about the show...interesting.

First time I have heard the lyrics.

Atom
16-09-2009, 01:27 PM
You ever seen that picture of a snake eating it's own tail. That is the kind of relationship that exists between science and SF. They live off each other.Not in my Petri dish they don't.

There have been many modern developments which have their origins in the world of SF. In fact many of the scientists point to the SF stories that inspired their ideas. And of course the SF writers are inspired in part by new research and developments.

Many people think SF is about the science, but for many of the great SF writers that was only part of the story. They set their stories in different worlds to explore the human condition and how people would react and interact. It was ultimately about people, morals and issues, many of which concern us today.Interesting.

:3rolleyes:

Atom
16-09-2009, 01:40 PM
Well I suppose that apples and oranges do go hand in hand in some respect.

:3rolleyes:

Muddy
16-09-2009, 03:15 PM
Not in my Petri dish they don't.

You talkin' about Robs wife? Yeah she was one of the cutest ever.

Atom
16-09-2009, 04:09 PM
You talkin' about Robs wife? Yeah she was one of the cutest ever.I always thought that she had a bit of an overbite, but yeah, testos city there too.

buffalo
16-09-2009, 07:04 PM
When Revenge of the Sith came out in theatres, I discovered that she hadn't seen ANY of the Star Wars movies. Didn't even know what it was. :sqeek:

Until recently, I had only seen IV. I refused to go watch I, II, & III when they were in the theaters because I insisted that I must watch V & VI first.

I just recently completed watching all six of them. I liked them, but I am still far from being a Star Wars junkie.

Muddy
16-09-2009, 07:10 PM
I'm so anal, if there's a series of anything, shows, movies, books, I have to start with #1 and go forward in order.

ewomack
17-09-2009, 11:33 AM
I'm so anal

Say no more...

krisma5
17-09-2009, 02:40 PM
Until recently, I had only seen IV. I refused to go watch I, II, & III when they were in the theaters because I insisted that I must watch V & VI first.

I just recently completed watching all six of them. I liked them, but I am still far from being a Star Wars junkie.

I think you have to grow up with them. I grew up with Star Trek and then got on to Star Wars and such and so on...:sqwink:

krisma5
17-09-2009, 02:43 PM
Which is actually an interesting story, I used to watch Star Trek originals on tv with my grampa in his room and only when my grandma wasn't there. She LOATHED tv and would have nothing to do with it. And she forbid us to watch tv with him in his room, but when she wasn't there..... hee hee hee.

That's another wierd story... he had his own bedroom and she had TWO of her own. They were called the "Green room" and the "Red room". I never did understand why she had two bedrooms, when she only slept in the one...

Muddy
17-09-2009, 03:23 PM
I think it was because it was there. Why let a perfectly good room go to waste? Paint it red, throw some zebra patterned pillows in there. Great place to go in, shut the door and scream. Maybe it gave them a neutral place to meet.

"Grandpa come here, I'm not going near your TV."
"I can't come in there Grandma, I'm watching TV."
"OK, I'll meet you in the Red Room at precisely 9:26 1/2."

Strong
17-09-2009, 04:32 PM
Red and green, stop and go, time of the month, hmm...

Sounds like they were a normal couple, with lots of rooms.

julien_simon
17-09-2009, 05:31 PM
lots of possibilities then.

but again, we are talking about grand parents.

Strong
18-09-2009, 07:16 AM
Grand parents got to be grand parents by doing the dirty business first :sqwink:

julien_simon
18-09-2009, 07:19 AM
Grand parents got to be grand parents by doing the dirty business first :sqwink:

my grand parents are pure.

I was born from a virgin like Jeezus

Strong
18-09-2009, 07:28 AM
Yes, none of us like to think of those sweet old folk grinding uglies, but just listen at night when the house is quiet. Houses often make strange noises. Your parents will say, "Oh, it is just the house cooling down and wood creaking". But don't be fooled children. That is when your parents turn into beasts and pretend to be bunnies.

julien_simon
18-09-2009, 07:39 AM
Yes, none of us like to think of those sweet old folk grinding uglies, but just listen at night when the house is quiet. Houses often make strange noises. Your parents will say, "Oh, it is just the house cooling down and wood creaking". But don't be fooled children. That is when your parents turn into beasts and pretend to be bunnies.

I found a bunny costume in my parents' room once.

my mom told me it was for easter.

and I believed her....what a fool was I!?

Strong
18-09-2009, 07:49 AM
At least you didn't find a priest and a school girl outfit. That would have been worrying.

julien_simon
18-09-2009, 07:52 AM
At least you didn't find a priest and a school girl outfit. That would have been worrying.

indeed.

Muddy
18-09-2009, 10:51 AM
Especially if the priest outfit was in your mom's closet and vice versa.

ewomack
18-09-2009, 11:20 PM
Oh, who doesn't have a priest costume in their closet? Get with the 21st century... geez...

Strong
19-09-2009, 09:43 AM
I'm sure there are a few priests in the closet with their costumes, and perhaps some without a costume. In a world of infinite possibilities, priests are possible and indeed predictable.

iowadawg
19-09-2009, 09:55 PM
You all wait until you become grandparents.

I enjoy having a grandmother in my bed.

Costumed or not.

ewomack
19-09-2009, 10:42 PM
I'm just gonna move on from that one... :sqerr:

Muddy
19-09-2009, 10:45 PM
You all wait until you become grandparents.

I enjoy having a grandmother in my bed.

Costumed or not.

Alright there Mr. Brylcreem, what is your costume of preference?

ewomack
19-09-2009, 10:48 PM
I prefer a clown dressed as a furry priest

iowadawg
19-09-2009, 11:07 PM
Alright there Mr. Brylcreem, what is your costume of preference?

Not going to say.

Some private things should always stay private.

Strong
20-09-2009, 03:48 AM
I have a feeling Dawg likes to play gynaecologist and OB Nurse. What fun!

Darling! I've got a new game we can play!

iowadawg
04-11-2009, 11:42 PM
Used to play that game.

Now there is a better game....

But the grandparent clause prevents me from telling you.

Muddy
04-11-2009, 11:52 PM
clause

So that's what you dress up as!

iowadawg
04-11-2009, 11:58 PM
Clause is not the Santa CLAUS we all know.

Brits....got to put an e at the end of every word...

Strong
05-11-2009, 05:49 AM
Yeah, there is a clause about that in my spelling book.

ewomack
07-11-2009, 11:19 AM
I was told if I wanted to work in Canada I need to translate my resume into British English... unfortunately I'm still upset over the Stamp Act, so I could never do that...

Muddy
07-11-2009, 11:28 AM
And the tea...for Christ's sake.

ewomack
07-11-2009, 03:59 PM
Yes, I see this is anything but a dead issue...