PDA

View Full Version : Full screen button in videos

Ferre
03-10-2010, 08:14 AM
Can we add the full screen button to the videos? I guess it's a matter of adding a little line of code in the embed code in the vb mod that does that.

It would add to the experience when watching videos, even when I max out the videos embedded here with the + sign they still look pretty small on my screen (24").

Pleeeese? :hippie:

Strong
03-10-2010, 12:26 PM
Dude, how far away from that do you have to sit, or are you going for the surround screen experience of an Imax? :sqlaugh:

Ferre
03-10-2010, 02:12 PM
Well, to give you an idea of the size of my screen; http://i.imgur.com/1HHgi.jpg

Atom
03-10-2010, 07:19 PM
I'm thinking if light degrades THC, why don't people use colored glass jars?

Ferre
04-10-2010, 03:05 AM
I guess most people store jars in a dark cabinet or drawer anyway.

Atom
04-10-2010, 06:20 AM
Yeah that's true.

Atom
04-10-2010, 07:18 AM
I was just looking at my prescription vials which are all amber tinted plastic and was thinking someone could set up shop selling amber-glass jars over there. As well I've seen cobalt blue used for prescription bottles occasionally, the amber is much more common though.

Atom
04-10-2010, 07:36 AM
Speaking of dark, I guess I'm living in the dark ages with my little 13" CRT monitor. lol

Atom
04-10-2010, 07:49 AM
It's said that color is a product of the mind, but I don't really see how it could be if each color possesses a different wavelength.

Atom
04-10-2010, 07:59 AM
If an object's color is defined by the wavelength it emits then I really don't see where brain perception is even necessary at all.

Ferre
04-10-2010, 08:13 AM
Well, that's a very interesting subject actually. In order to pick up those waves species need a censor (eyes in our case), and this censor has developed in such a way that it doesn't only pick up the different wavelengths of colours but sends them to a tiny part of the brain where it translates the picked up signal and besides the colours also calculates distances of objects those wavelengths bounced off from.

Some insects have more than two sensors to do this, flying mantis for example have two eyes but cannot calculate distances with those, for that they have another set of eyes on top of their heads, somewhere in their brains there's a place where all the input from those sensors are combined and calculated distances to give them that perfect predator ability of snatching insects in a split second.

Atom
04-10-2010, 08:27 AM
That's interesting. My point though is that a difference must be present before a sensor can detect it, so that causes me to conclude that color is not a contrivance of the brain.

Atom
04-10-2010, 08:56 AM
Even triangulation requires reference, I think that color exists without reference.

Atom
04-10-2010, 09:04 AM
I suppose that is to say that light exists without reference, but how can that be? I suppose we can only assume that darkness came first.

Atom
04-10-2010, 09:17 AM
I'd like to sing a little song now that has always helped me in times of trouble past.

Atom
04-10-2010, 09:23 AM
We were at the beach, ...

ok maybe not, I'll just instruct my mind to hum it to me.

Zap
04-10-2010, 09:27 AM
Can we add the full screen button to the videos? I guess it's a matter of adding a little line of code in the embed code in the vb mod that does that.

It would add to the experience when watching videos, even when I max out the videos embedded here with the + sign they still look pretty small on my screen (24").

Pleeeese? :hippie:

I'm no programmer, dude, so I don't know what it would entail, but I'll ask around and see if I can get a quote for that. It might be a function of the plugin itself and not the code that integrates the plugin into BTWIMHO.

Atom
04-10-2010, 09:42 AM
I wonder if we could peer far enough into the darkness we would see the eternal light.

Atom
04-10-2010, 10:52 AM
More pine needle rake-age is required today, I should probably apply the Aspercreme first.

Big Dan
04-10-2010, 11:18 AM
Well, that's a very interesting subject actually. In order to pick up those waves species need a censor (eyes in our case), and this censor has developed in such a way that it doesn't only pick up the different wavelengths of colours but sends them to a tiny part of the brain where it translates the picked up signal and besides the colours also calculates distances of objects those wavelengths bounced off from.

Some insects have more than two sensors to do this, flying mantis for example have two eyes but cannot calculate distances with those, for that they have another set of eyes on top of their heads, somewhere in their brains there's a place where all the input from those sensors are combined and calculated distances to give them that perfect predator ability of snatching insects in a split second.

I've always wondered why it's so hard for us (humans) to tell how fast a car is coming down the street when stopped at a corner.

Muddy
04-10-2010, 12:19 PM
Another thread born of and raised on cannabis.

Ferre
04-10-2010, 12:40 PM
Apart from my cat, I keep flying mantis as pets btw. Those are extremely interesting creatures, apart from those different sets of eyes they also have their ears on the sides of their body. They are also able to turn their heads 180 degrees, like that creepy kid in the exorcist movie.

Muddy
04-10-2010, 01:06 PM
I bet Rascal would like to eat them.

Brian
04-10-2010, 04:14 PM
Well, to give you an idea of the size of my screen; http://i.imgur.com/1HHgi.jpg

I'm coming over http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/3592/smokerg.gif

Halo
04-10-2010, 10:00 PM
I'm coming over http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/3592/smokerg.gif

Easy tiger. :p

RZkBbIGwOjw

vectro
14-10-2010, 01:29 AM

:jaw: