PDA

View Full Version : hello everyone

RedPill
12-05-2011, 09:52 AM
Welcome to BTWIMHO.COM!
How did you hear about us?

I was lured across by Zap's wise words and posts at V7N, and then liked the look of the place. I actually dont have the time to be messing about on forums, and so whilst I am doing so anyway, should probably be fussier about the company I keep :)

Could you please mention the search engine and keywords you used to find us?

none unfortunately, tell me what you want to rank for and I'll try and help ;)

What are your interests?

life, the universe and everything.

How long have you been using the internet and forums?

I first got on the net in 1994 (AOL dialup in the UK) I was one of those originals who got stung for monster monthly useage fees, AOL charge was like 650GBP and the BT bill was 750 ish from memory.

that was a LOT of money in the mid 90's :3shocked:

I progressed though chatrooms (AOL punt and anti punt programs anyone?) ..to forums and have been on the net pretty much ever since.

However, in a happy roll of fate's funny dice, many years later as a pro SEO, I now realise that far from "wasting 15 years of my life on the net" it turned out to be my SEO basics training in many ways :)

Thank you for taking part in this interview, RedPill. We appreciate your time and effort and we look forward to getting to know you.
Enjoy the forums!

look forward to intercourse with you all ;)

Dudette
12-05-2011, 09:54 AM
Hey RedPill, you've just been arrested by BTWIMHO Chat Forums! :)

RedPill
12-05-2011, 09:57 AM
Hey RedPill, you've just been arrested by BTWIMHO Chat Forums! :)

arrested or accosted? :) ..if by some chance your avatar is a recent pic Dudette, then I submit to your will and judgement ;)

Zap
12-05-2011, 09:58 AM
Hey Red!
Welcome to BTW!

I look forward to getting to know you better.
Just moved you to the usergroup with access to signatures so you can put one in now, if you'd like.
And, a Facebook friend, I believe, has already sent me to your red pill website in the past.
It's a small world. :)

RedPill
12-05-2011, 10:04 AM
haha, it is indeed. what were you sent, the Sheeple quiz?

thx for sigs etc will get round to it at some point I expect.

PMed u my FB details too if u wanna see who's behind the typing.

Zap
12-05-2011, 10:23 AM
It was the sheeple quiz. Nice work. :)

ewomack
12-05-2011, 12:28 PM
Hello there. Come on in and mingle with the skeptics. I don't even believe that I'm sentient, so you get the idea.

I was once a regular at v7n, as were a few others here. Now I'm only a semi-regular, but a definite regular here. I'm just always striving to be regular no matter where I am.

Welcome! :3biggrin:

Muddy
12-05-2011, 12:35 PM
Hi Redpill, glad you're here!

RedPill
12-05-2011, 01:20 PM
Hello there. Come on in and mingle with the skeptics. I don't even believe that I'm sentient, so you get the idea.

I was once a regular at v7n, as were a few others here. Now I'm only a semi-regular, but a definite regular here.

I'm just always striving to be regular no matter where I am.

Welcome! :3biggrin:

chuckle chuckle :3smile:

well the friendly seems true enough..

I think small forums are the way forwards, actually my fave seo forum is a small one with hardly anyone on it, just a few of us pals and the driveby spammers.

so we do whatever we want, link at whatever we want and just generally mess around on there. much more fun than these big lameass places FULL of the same stupid questions over and over.

Zap
12-05-2011, 03:59 PM
I am aiming to grow BTW but this place has never been about SEO or webmaster stuff.
It's about having fun and interesting conversation.
And I'm quite happy with slow growth as long as that growth is in the direction mentioned above.

Ferre
13-05-2011, 02:34 AM
Hi RedPill, welcome to this place! :yo:

Strong
13-05-2011, 11:16 AM
Hello Mr Pill, glad you could join us. Have you ever been to a restaurant called Milliways? I've already put my penny in the bank for the fateful day.

RedPill
13-05-2011, 02:07 PM
Hello Mr Pill, glad you could join us. Have you ever been to a restaurant called Milliways? I've already put my penny in the bank for the fateful day.

nope, never been there yet, heard it was good though. kin'ell that takes me back, like 30 something years. I laughed so hard I hurt my groin at the torture poetry :)

Strong
15-05-2011, 12:39 PM
That long eh! First time I heard it was as the radio show during our extended art lessons on a Wednesday afternoon. The teacher was so cool she let us bring stuff in and one of the sixth formers brought the show in. It was the quietest art lesson we ever had, everybody was too busy listening to talk!