PDA

View Full Version : Too oblivious or just plain stupid

fastreplies
07-08-2009, 12:00 PM
I am watching Health Care debate in States and as Canadian who will take our system and will never trade it for any riches America can ever offer canít stop wondering: what is wrong with those people.

Here in Canada I can visit 10 Walk-in Medical Centers and see 10 doctors in one day and then get 10 x-ray exams and blood analyzes and it wonít cost me a penny. God forbid results show that I have problem, depending on severity I may end up in operation room next day and get my surgery and then recovery including drugs and semi private room for free of course and I donít have to worry if my Insurance company will cover me or not ever in my life.

Obama offers system that will be even better than our because if you have money, you can buy additional coverage but new plan will allow you to see your doctor without paying for visits the same way as us. What is wrong with that? Why would anybody reject something that is so beneficial for end user?

I donít know about you but when 50% of population says: I wanna pay for my visits to my doctor, I say that they are too oblivious or just plain stupid.

;)

fastreplies

Zap
07-08-2009, 12:23 PM
Obama offers system that will be even better than our because if you have money, you can buy additional coverage...

fastreplies

Actually, it's the same here in Ontario.
We can also pay extra for services if we wish.
We also have the choice to purchase additional health insurance to cover those additional health services.

fastreplies
07-08-2009, 01:52 PM
I know and that is what mind bugling.

It reminds me Zen’s story about Man who was laying in pool of dirt crying for help but when people would try to help him, he would push them away, calling them names spit on them and so on.

Finally one Old Man lay down in that pool next to the guy and start praying.
The Man asked Old Man: what are you doing in this pool of dirt, are you crazy?
The Old Man says: as crazy as you are
to which Man answer: I am not crazy, I just want attention
and then he get up and walk away from that pool of dirt.

Now, you can come up with moral to that story

;)

fastreplies

ewomack
11-08-2009, 06:50 AM
I would love to get taxed for a national health care system. It doesn't have to be socialized medicine, but at least make it guaranteed so people are covered. The current state of health care in this country is an incomprehensible crime...

Trapper
11-08-2009, 10:03 AM
I agree. But I do like a debate.

The issue with a two tiered system is that the rich people will pay a premium to get speedier and better health care. Won't this cause the MD's to want to provide private care at a premium over public care? Will the cream of the crop rise to the top and stick to the upper class care while all the mediocre MD's look after the middle/lower class?

Muddy
11-08-2009, 11:05 AM
Can they have that choice? Isn't something in place that requires them to treat whomever?

Ferre
11-08-2009, 04:32 PM
I try not to watch that healthcare debate in the states, whatever debate they have down there usually the sheer stupidity of the arguments hurt my brains.

fastreplies
11-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Debate? What debate?
All I can see redneck's parade of stupidity.
I wish I can shout as laud as they are as long I don't have to made any point or sense

:)

fastreplies

krisma5
12-08-2009, 04:29 AM
I try not to watch that healthcare debate in the states, whatever debate they have down there usually the sheer stupidity of the arguments hurt my brains.

That is the same here too.

Atom
12-08-2009, 01:20 PM
(...)Here in Canada I can visit 10 Walk-in Medical Centers and see 10 doctors in one day and then get 10 x-ray exams and blood analyzes and it wonít cost me a penny. (...) Yes, but how many decent scripts will you get out of the deal? You know, opioids and benzo's?

Atom
12-08-2009, 01:30 PM
I read an interesting news article this morning;

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/08/12/zeppala.addiction.painkillers/index.html?eref=igoogle_cnn

the only problem that I found with the article is that opiate/opioid use doesn't kill you per se, the writer indicates that it does. This is the problem with writers that don't know what they're talking about, or are biased for w/e reason, I don't know which is the case with this particular writer, but I'm thinking it's one or the other, probably the former.

julien_simon
20-08-2009, 12:20 AM
I have been in Canada for 3 years and I am still covered almost 100% with the French Health Care.

Gotta love it!

Muddy
20-08-2009, 12:33 AM
You can get treatment in Canada and the French plan will cover it? Are there any limitations?

julien_simon
20-08-2009, 12:54 AM
they will cover it for the same price as it would cost in France.

Muddy
20-08-2009, 12:56 AM
Ahh, and what is usually the case? Does treatment cost more or less in Canada than in France?

julien_simon
20-08-2009, 12:59 AM
they usually cost more in Canada, with a longer waiting list.

go figure.

Muddy
20-08-2009, 01:06 AM
So you have to pick up the difference...that sucks...still, better than nothin'!

julien_simon
20-08-2009, 01:08 AM
If I was being tricky, I could use my care card here, then send the bill to France and actually make money.

but that's a pretty big risk of getting kicked out...of both countries.

then I move in with you Muddy.

Muddy
20-08-2009, 01:09 AM
Dear lord, there wouldn't be a lost pen in blocks!

julien_simon
20-08-2009, 01:17 AM
they would all be nicely put in pairs...

Big Dan
28-08-2009, 08:12 PM
As an American with no insurance I'd love for this go through only it doesn't have to as expansive as they're making it out to be. We currently have Medicare and Medicaid both nationwide both federally funded systems. Expand them to cover people without coverage, even if on a sliding scale. The sliding scale would solve the problem with private insures as people on the upper end of the pay scale would in theory pay the same for private insurance as the would for government insurance. I don't know that it should be 'free' because it really isn't truly free you wind up getting taxed out your arse.

One of the problems I have with the current plan on the table is it's calling for people making over $250,000 a year to pay for the bulk of it. I think that's highly unfair since they're the least likely to need the subsidized care. Not to mention people in that tax bracket are more likely to be educated and therefore lead healthier lifestyles. I don't think it should be my neighbors responsibility to pay for my heath care especially in the case for people who consciously live healthy lifestyles versus those that don't.

My thoughts are this open clinics all over the place clinic should be just as if not more accessible then hospital ERs. Let paramedics be the judge of whether or not someone needs acute emergency care (ER) if not drop them off at the clinic. This solves two problems: A) Stops people from going the hospital and not paying thus driving up costs for everyone and b) Keeps the ERs open for people who actually need the full facilities not for someone with the flu who is just wasting everyone's time.

Staff said clinics with LPNs (Licensed Nurse Practitioners) who have the same diagnostic and prescription powers as doctors in every state in the union. LPN's require less education and thus are cheaper. I don't know about you but I'd rather see an LPN with 10 years experience then a fresh out of med school doctor in the ER.

Hire people out of work to build said clinics, they don't need to be fancy -- a few exam rooms, a waiting room, and basic medical supplies. Presto we've got the unemployment problem licked for a bit.

Give substantial grants for people to go to school for medical training if and only if they agree to work in a 'government clinic' for a certain number of years. I betcha a number of those unemployed would go for something like this.

Two last things:

We NEED to CAP malpractice claims stateside. A doctor's mistake should not be an instant lottery winning. Unless you loose your life or limb we all make mistakes and doctors are only human accept it and move on. Malpractice caps would in theory make malpractice insurance cheaper thus allowing doctors to lower rates.

We also need to do something about pharmaceuticals. Why can I drive 5 hours over the border to Canada and get THE SAME drugs at 1/3 or 1/4 of the cost? Something's fishy there.

Just my thoughts.. :)

fastreplies
07-11-2009, 03:18 PM
they usually cost more in Canada, with a longer waiting list.

go figure.

What cost more and waiting for what?

It cost me nothing to remove cancerous tumor 12 days after analyzes were taking.
I could get surgery in 5 days but because of my schedule, I had no choice but to postpone it to later date.

:sqconfused:

fastreplies

Rankenstein
12-11-2009, 12:51 PM
From a UK perspective, the national health rocks, I have European cover too from that, I honestly don't understand the resistance to it. We have a phrase over here to describe the coverage of our National Health Service: 'from cradle to grave'. You have no idea what a huge comfort that is. Well, some of you do of course, but the Americans don't, it seems. And as Steven Hawking said, he'd be dead without it. Good enough for me.

fastreplies
16-11-2009, 04:19 PM
You see Rank, Americans don't mind to have the same coverage we have but they will rather die in bankruptcy courts then let Obama to have his way.

Just listen to what Rush, Beck and other morons that have been repeating them are saying and you'll get the full picture of who Americans really are and what is the level of their mental capacity.

It makes me :mad:

fastreplies

Muddy
16-11-2009, 11:47 PM
You see Rank, Americans don't mind to have the same coverage we have but they will rather die in bankruptcy courts then let Obama to have his way.

Just listen to what Rush, Beck and other morons that have been repeating them are saying and you'll get the full picture of who Americans really are and what is the level of their mental capacity.

It makes me :mad:

fastreplies

Well at least you're not painting all Americans with the same brush...

Cryren8972
17-11-2009, 06:48 AM

Maybe he meant an intellectual mental capacity? :sqwink:
I like the glass half full approach.

fastreplies
17-11-2009, 12:12 PM

Well at least not yet

:sqwink:

fastreplies

fastreplies
17-11-2009, 12:14 PM
Maybe he meant an intellectual mental capacity?

No, I didnít.

At least Iím missing something and you will tell me what but since when mental people start using intellect or having any awareness that one exists?

fastreplies

Cryren8972
17-11-2009, 12:48 PM
No, I didnít.

At least Iím missing something and you will tell me what but since when mental people start using intellect or having any awareness that one exists?

fastreplies

I stand corrected. :sqerr:

Muddy
17-11-2009, 12:49 PM
*snickers*

Cryren8972
17-11-2009, 12:54 PM
You stop that right now! I'm being chastised! The least you could do is LOOK somber.

Atom
17-11-2009, 05:03 PM
Well at least not yet

:sqwink:

fastrepliesI think he was being sarcastic, buddy. :sqwink:

Ferre
17-11-2009, 06:13 PM
We have universal healthcare too, and it doesn't look like we are going bankrupt because of our healthcare either.

Universal healthcare makes for a general more healthy population in my view, and a more healthy population results in overall more happy population as well and happy populations are also more creative and have less drop-outs from the labour market.

Healthy slaves are productive slaves, I think that could be it! Glenn Beck is right! :sqeek:

Ferre
17-11-2009, 06:15 PM
^^ Don't miss the satire/sarcasm in the above post, it could be hard to spot. :sqwink:

fastreplies
18-11-2009, 11:41 AM
healthy population results in overall more happy population as well and happy populations are also more creative

Absolutely, but only if population have any brains to grasp this simple concept, but...
what can you do if population like that crowd in asylum initiates riot just because management wants to add TV to their recreation time?

:sqrolleyes:

fastreplies

Brian
24-11-2009, 06:43 PM
The thing I find most maddening about the health care "debate" going on in this country is the supposed "responsible" people in power on the conservative end of the spectrum are peddling atrocious lies because they know their ilk will sapp it right up. I have trouble thinking that Beck/Hannity/Limbaugh/Coulter/ et all actually believe what they're spewing (death panels!!? really??). I see them as power hungry individuals who are having trouble realizing that slowly (but, surely *crosses fingers*) my generation and future generations in this country will be taking this country to the left (I wish it would happen sooner rather than later, oh well). They are getting desperate, and I feel it is more and more obvious everyday that they peddle these lies.