Thanks
    Thanked 2,111 Times in 1,149 Posts

School Bans Expensive Canada Goose Designer Coats To Stop 'Poverty-Shaming'

From...

School Bans Expensive Canada Goose Designer Coats To Stop * | Zero Hedge

A British high school has banned students from wearing Canada Goose, Pyrenex, Moncler, and other expensive designer coats in a bid to stop "poverty shaming."

School officials at Woodchurch High School in the Metropolitan Borough of Wirral, in North West England, sent a shocking letter to parents last week that said expensive winter coats would be prohibited from campus once students return from winter break (January 01).

Some comments on this from social media...

@RadioCityTalk mick my son goes too Woodchurch High he has been asking for one of these coats for Xmas.. Since the school announced this. He has told us not too bother as he can't wear it for school.. Result for me {Thumbs Up}
    Apparently, this person would rather the school decide how to parent their child. They were too weak to simply say NO to their child so they're happy to have the school do their parenting for them.

Wow wearing a 400 coat to school ! Madness - well done Woodchurch High in Birkenhead ! Expensive designer coats ban at Merseyside school - BBC News - I get by fine with jackets of under 100 - even 200 will buy the best but I'd not wear that to school !
    Translation: I don't need an expensive coat, so YOU don't need one either.

This is exactly what happens when a society gives up their guns.
    You get told what to say, what to wear and what to think.
    Misspeaking is a punishable crime. Insulting someone gets you jail time.
    Leaving a bacon sandwich outside a Mosque is punishable by death! And they say Sharia law hasn't come to Britain yet. I beg to differ.

My message to UK citizens... (Sorry Strongy)
    Don't worry yourself over Brexit. It doesn't fucking matter. Britain is LOST anyway.
    What's the difference? Poverty and tyranny caused by England? Or poverty and tyranny caused by the EU? Pick your tyrant.
    #1 Pickup Line: Hey. Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

♫♫ Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content ♫♫

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Zap For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,512 Times in 1,134 Posts
    "This is why all schools should have school uniforms" ... LOL

Thanks
    Thanked 1,512 Times in 1,134 Posts
    I've noticed that we have a terrible school shootings problem down here in the US, do you have one up there in Canada too? I certainly hope not, that is insane. And I'm positive that if it wasn't guns it would be something else. I think that the root of the problem runs much deeper than the means by which it is acted upon. I believe that banning guns is of course not the answer, even to reducing the problem. I think the problem will remain until it is identified and dealt with accordingly, and I'm fairly sure that it will not involve banning guns.

As for the geese, it's every goose for themselves.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Atom For This Useful Post:

Zap

Thanks
    Thanked 2,111 Times in 1,149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atom View Post
    I've noticed that we have a terrible school shootings problem down here in the US, do you have one up there in Canada too? I certainly hope not, that is insane. And I'm positive that if it wasn't guns it would be something else. I think that the root of the problem runs much deeper than the means by which it is acted upon. I believe that banning guns is of course not the answer, even to reducing the problem. I think the problem will remain until it is identified and dealt with accordingly, and I'm fairly sure that it will not involve banning guns.

As for the geese, it's every goose for themselves.
    Totally agree.

Someone who doesn't worry about the penalty for killing people isn't going to worry about the penalty for doing it with an illegal gun.
    Gun bans only affect people who are already following the laws.

This is NOT a gun problem. It's a problem with people's lack of respect for life and each other.
    #1 Pickup Line: Hey. Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

♫♫ Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content ♫♫

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zap For This Useful Post: