Thanks
    Thanked 1,694 Times in 938 Posts

Cryotherapy chamber

Anyone had a go in a cryochamber? I had a go at the end of January. 3 mins in a big freezer at -140 C. It was a gift. Iíd do it again if the expense was no issue.

0781AEB0-0952-4728-9943-4C4CE0983557.jpg

22mins of Rhonda Patrick and Joe Rogan chatting about cryotherapy:
    + YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Rogan short version:
    + YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Halo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 1,147 Posts
    Cool.

I used to sit motionless in the woods for hours hunting in zero degrees F but this is off the hook, dude.

Did you experience any pain from the extreme cold? I remember one time I had to reconnect a pipe in my shallow well where my arms had to be submerged in 33 degree water up to the shoulders and thought I was going to die from the pain, and they were only submerged for about 30 seconds twice. The pain was so bad that I couldn't complete the task in one shot, which was simply having to force the PVC pipe back onto the pump and re-tighten the hose clamp.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Atom For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Man that woman can make your link dimp with all that knowledge. She's pretty smart.

Thanks
    Dick limp. Sorry. I have a little trouble with dick and dink, they mean the same thing around these parts.

Thanks
    Yeah I know, I thought it was side boob at first too but then I noticed the tight and cleverly colored shirt underneath.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,694 Times in 938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atom View Post
    Cool.

I used to sit motionless in the woods for hours hunting in zero degrees F but this is off the hook, dude.

Did you experience any pain from the extreme cold?
    After about 2 and a half mins it started to bite, but wasnít as much a shock to the system as I had imagined. Jumping into open water 25 years ago into a loch here in Summer was more of an initial shock. Although in the chamber You have to wear gloves / socks/ sandals/ headband ear warmer to protect the extremities from frostbite. ❄️ The young chap showing us the place who told us all the safety stuff actually tried it without the socks. He lost feeling in his pinky toe, poured warm water on it when he came out, and it blistered immediately. It went a bit black he said, and feeling hasnít returned properly.

Wouldnít want to do it without shorts on! 😬

I did put the socks lower down nearer the ankles exposing more of the calf muscles. That night getting to sleep my calves were a little sore as though cramped up, and a bit of a tingly sensation on skin. It did seem to give me a couple of better nightís sleep, but not long lasting.

Man that woman can make your link dimp with all that knowledge. She's pretty smart.
    Dr Rhonda Patrick Phd has been on Joe Rogan 8 times over the years if you want to dive in.
    As well as cold, she also knows her way around a sauna on her own FoundMyFitness channel:
    + YouTube Video

Dick limp. Sorry. I have a little trouble with dick and dink, they mean the same thing around these parts.
    Fair dinkum!

Yeah I know, I thought it was side boob at first too but then I noticed the tight and cleverly colored shirt underneath.
    Has not gone unnoticed in the YT comments. To paraphrase Joe: donít read the comments, itís a cesspool down there!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Halo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,371 Times in 2,040 Posts
    Wow. It sounds even more impressive in Fahrenheit, since -140 C equals -220 F (133.15 K for you completists out there).

This is not something I've tried, nor honestly something that I've even heard about previously. I'm not sure what to think at first glance and I haven't had a moment to peruse the videos. I'm definitely curious, though. Sounds like it's also a little costly from your comments. I'll have to delve in deeper.

Not that it's at all comparable, but I've always wanted to try "indoor skydiving." It's probably the closest that mere mortals (i.e., non-astronauts) could get to weightlessness. But, like the cryo chamber, it also reduces the weight of one's pocketbook.

And fantastic to hear from you again, Halo!
    Ed Womack
    Hidden Content

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ewomack For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo View Post

Has not gone unnoticed in the YT comments. To paraphrase Joe: donít read the comments, itís a cesspool down there!
    Yes, those YT commenters are a great representation of the human gene pool. I'd consider joining but I'm sure 99.99% of my plethora of posts would be censored. I reckon they like 'em to take turns and don't believe in chainposting. Only thing I can figure is YT must still be livin' in the dark ages.

Thanks
    If I had to squeeze all my thoughts into just a few posts, then I'd have to read the damned things and by the time I was done would probably end up scrapping them all.

Thanks
    And there's nothing worse than a fine thinker such as myself scrapping all his posts before he even submits them. Now, back to Cryotherapy... have you considered heroin addiction? Just kidding. I'm all for Cryotherapy as long as you don't end up selling everything you own and living on the streets.

Thanks
    Yeah those YT commenters are a real riot eh. I rarely read that shit. I got enough of my own shit going on upstairs.